Health Department (This page is under construction)

(39-counties and 36-health jurisdictions): click on county name to be directed to the required mobile food vendor applications and information.


Adams County

Asotin County

Benton County

Chelan County

Clallam County

Clark County

Columbia County

Cowlitz County

Douglas County

Ferry County

Franklin County

Garfield County

Grant County

Grays Harbor County

Island / San Juan County

Jefferson County

King County - see below for policy questions

Kitsap County

Kittitas County

Klickitat County

Lewis County

Lincoln County

Mason County

Okanogan County

Pacific County

Pend Orielle County

Pierce County - see below for additional info

San Juan County

Skagit County

Skamania County

Snohomish County - see below for policy questions

Spokane County

Stevens County

Thurston County - Click here for plan review guide

Wahkiakum County

Walla Walla County

Whatcom County

Whitman County

Yakima County


Building a unit with a restroom on board?

See the following code sections from WAC 246-215: 

05210, 05215, 05230, 05235, 05255, 05275 

Subpart C – Mobile Water Tank and Mobile Food Establishment Water Tank:  05300 thru 05365 AND 05400, 09115, 09135, 09140, 09150

King County Policy Questions

Restroom Agreements:  The restroom agreement form is only required if a mobile food unit will be at a location for more than one hour.  If the unit will be constantly on the move, there is no requirement to provide proof of access to a restroom.  When submitting plans, if the applicant knows that they will be stationary at one or more locations for over an hour; then they need to submit the restroom agreement along with their plans.  The health dept. does not require submittal of the restroom agreement to operate at temporary events or farmers markets. 


Sign up for King County policy notifications here:


They do prorate 50% of the operating permit fee half-way thru our permit year (after September 30th).   You can track your application on-line through their portal.  Here are the directions (from the plan review guide):


Can I Check on the Status of My Plans?

Yes, you may check the status of your plan submittal by visiting the

Environmental Health’s Online Services portal by visiting our website and follow the instructions below.  

  • Go to Service Currently Available  
  • Click on “permit status page”. This will take you to the Environmental Health Permit StatusPage  
  • Search by entering one of the following:  facility name, permit #, address
  •   Select “Food Facility” and click search.

Seasonal Permits:  seasonal permits are for those that only open for set months every year (such as snack shacks that are only open during the summer months).  We have 6-month seasonal permits.  The permit described below is a permanent annual permit.  However the permit is prorated to 50% when business will begin operation on or after October 1st.  We also have festival permits where a business can purchase a permit for each event.  Our Food Senior may be able to provide more details on this.  They can be contacted at 206-263-9566.  


Ready for Health Department Inspection:  (make sure)

  • water at or over 100º in the hand sink
  • water at or over 110º in the three bay sink
  • fridge at 33-40º
  • where the grey water dump is and describe how you'll do it
  • where the fresh water fill is and describe how you'll do it
  • walk through commissary to see the prep sink, 3-bay sink, hand sink, fridge space, dry space.
  • have a free standing (not built in) internal thermometers in your fridge(s). 

There is an example of a blank inspection form on line along with an explanation of what red & blue violations mean.  See

There is also a mock inspection that would give a new operator some idea of what an inspection looks like.  See

Neither of the above are specific to mobiles, they are both generic.

Snohomish County Policy Questions

Questions for permitting and applications:

Michael Johnson, RS | Food Program Supervisor | Environmental Health |Snohomish Health District

3020 Rucker Ave | Suite #104 | Everett, WA 98201 | p: 425.339.8749 |


Re/ Temporary Event permits - mobiles that are not annually permitted do need to submit the application and fee at least 7 days prior to the event, either by mail, or in person, so that there will be no late fee.  Snohomish County annually permitted mobiles, however, do not need to submit an application for every temporary event.  They ask that you submit a mobile notification form that just lets them know you'll be there.  There is no time requirement to submit that.  It could be the day of the event.  For all mobiles that are currently annually permitted in Snohomish County, all they need to do to participate in a temporary event is submit the event info (date, location, food service hours) to: 


Re/ Annual permits in Snohomish County

If you are already permitted in King or Pierce County, you can skip the plan review step in Snohomish.  (New Snohomish Policy document below.)

You will need proof of your King or Pierce County plan review approval and your permit.  You can request a waiver of the commissary requirement. In order to do this, write up a statement that says where your commissary is and the travel time from it and the county line (you can easily google the address to address and it will give you the miles) and then give them a brief description of your food prep and why having an additional commissary is too costly and unnecessary.

We will continue working on this requirement at the state level.  (There is no waiver form, just the statement from you.)

The new permit form can be found here:

Send this all to:  Michael Johnson or Chris Stringer

New Snohomish Policy SHD_Mobile_Food_Ven
Adobe Acrobat Document 58.6 KB

Pierce County Policy Questions and Other

Contact Amanda Peters:

Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department, Environmental Health Specialist III


This is the detailed info for the 5-site locations Tacoma recently approved for street vending.
Tacoma Food Truck Sites_packet (1).pdf
Adobe Acrobat Document 765.0 KB

For Vending in the City of Tacoma, please read these new instructions.


Sign up for Health Department notifications including fee notices here: